In Northeast Wisconsin, your money goes further when it comes to housing. Everyone needs a place to call home, but in Northeast Wisconsin, you can get more home for your dollar. A person would pay 43% more to live in Minneapolis than in Green Bay, WI, the leading city in Northeast Wisconsin, with high likelihood of less square footage. When compared to Chicago, it is 69% cheaper to rent or own in Green Bay and other communities in Northeast Wisconsin than anywhere in Chicago.
Workers in New North earn an average yearly income of $50,898, with 44.38% of the population earning more than the national average each year. With affordable home prices and lower cost of living the New North region, there are 44% more people who own their own homes in the region than there are renters.
Whether home ownership is your goal or renting in a downtown setting is more your style, New North offers competitively priced, ample options for your consideration.
Learn more about the communities of Northeast Wisconsin and find your perfect neighborhood by clicking below to access our Explore the Region webpage. Also check out each New North Community and County profile by accessing our Demographics and Data page, featuring community profiles for each county in the New North region.
Did you know?
National rankings and home sales records prove the quality of housing in addition to its affordability:
- Existing home sales in Northeastern Wisconsin increased 13.6 percent in September 2015, with more than a quarter of the increase coming from Brown County, according to the Wisconsin Realtors Association.
- Fond du Lac, WI was named one of the nation’s “Top Waterfront Towns” by National Geographic Adventure, part of the magazine’s list of the “50 Best Places to Live and Play” in the country.
- Appleton, WI was named “#6 Best Places to raise your Kids”
Average home sales in top rated cities in Northeast Wisconsin range from:
- Appleton, WI: $127,900.00
- Green Bay, WI: $151,900.00
- Oshkosh, WI: $108,300.000
The median home price for homes in Northeast Wisconsin in Fall 2015 is $134,950, according to the Wisconsin Realtors Association, 2015.